If you are a D.I.Y. independent self-minded artist with the passion and knowledge to empower your music we want to hear about it.
Please follow these instructions:
1. Read the information below*
2. visit us at Emusic.com and take a good listen to the samples.
3. Use the contact page:
In the contact information field submit:
(a) Your web site (required)
4. After we have had a chance to experience your current musical project you will be contacted via email for project material if we decide it merits further discussion.
(b) Describe your self-production/tour background and experience.
(c) Links to mp3 files of the music you wish to submit and indicate if they are available online. (optional)
- Edgetone Crew
1. Artist/Band must have web presence. This can include social networking, a band site, download sites, etc.
1. Artist/Band must have prior production experience and produced at least one full length self-published professionally duplicated CD recording within the last three years.
2. Artist/Band pays for recording, mixing, mastering, and CD production.
3. Artist/Band must have at least two years regional/national tour experience either D.I.Y or third party supported.
4. Artist must be willing and have the available resources^ to support the Edgetone release through public performance.
6. If the recording is by a band, the core members must have at least three years of history through performance and/or releasing recordings together as a unit.
1. Label identity.
2. Over twenty years of independent artist driven production and promotion experience.
3. Worldwide promotional support.
4. Worldwide electronic hard copy and digital distribution for the catalog.
5. An ever growing community of like minded artists.
6. Community Network support through label representation & information.
Edgetone is a label of uncompromising difference. There are plenty of labels who support mainstream music. Edgetone is not interested in mainstream music from any era or genre. The music should be original improvised or composed. Standards and covers are considered only if the project contains considerable elements of discovery and originality in the arragement.
We like free jazz, nu jazz, electronic, experimental music, avant rock, harsh noise, noise, laptop, field effects to mention a few.
If you are uncertain of what this means simply visit us at Emusic.com and take a good listen to the samples, or browse the catalog and download the free mp3s available on this site.
Edgetone does not take unsolicited submissions. Edgetone will not distribute already completed unreleased albums by new artists. This is not a record deal we license finished masters and audio release produced by the artist which are to be sold by Edgetone. Artists are expected to have willingness and work/business experience as a truly independent and original artist.
As we grow the quality of recording has become more and more important. Please keep this in mind while working to master your project. Unintended distortion and imbalanced recordings don't go over well with customers or with Edgetone.
^ Resources are loosely defined as worked hours, in-kind support, or financial backing.